5 copper washers:
- Internal diameter: 16mm
- External diameter: 22mm
- Thickness: 1.5mm
These are not the round-section crushable washers as currently supplied by Citroen/Peugeot/Renault dealers for the more modern vehicles,
They are the flat type as originally used during the 60s, 70s and 80s, on engine oil sump drain-plugs (and some gearbox drain and level plugs), on cars such as:
- ID, DS (The true DS, from the last century! Not the PSA brand with a similar name built this century),
- HY, (H-van)
- BX: 1580cc, 1769cc, 1905cc, (For 1360cc, see notes about TU engines below),
- Visa: 652cc, 954cc XV, 1124cc XW, 1219cc XZ, 1360cc XY, 1580cc, 1769cc,
- LN/LNA/104/Samba: 652cc, 954cc XV, 1124cc XW, 1219cc XZ, 1360cc XY,
- 205: 954cc XV, 1124cc XW, 1219cc XZ, 1360cc XY, 1580cc, 1769cc, 1905cc, (For TU engines, see notes below),
- 309: 1580cc, 1769cc, 1905cc, (For 1124cc and 1360cc TU engines,see notes below),
- 405(series1): all (For 1360cc TU engines, see notes below),
- R12: some*,
- R16: some*,
- R18: some*,
- some others* (*These washers should only be used on vehicles for which they are the correct application!)
TU engines: We have been informed that these are also a suitable replacement for the combined metal/rubber washers used on TU (954/1124/1360) engines fitted to most small Peugeots & Citroens from November 1987 onwards. However, until this has been verified, we do not recommend that these washers are used on any TU engines.
Later Citroen/Peugeot engines: These washers are not suitable for models later than those shown above, (most of which use a smaller washer).
Copper sealing washers are designed to be used only once!!!: When first used, the soft copper adjusts to seal against surface imperfections. The copper then becomes ‘work-hardened’ with forces that produce expansion, contraction, compression, etc. If the hardened washer is then re-used, it may not seal. The round-section crushable type should never be re-used. Although it is possible to to re-soften the flat solid type that we sell, by annealing, we recommend that a new washer is used each time, (as a major oil leak could be disastrous!).