Set of 4 special lower-pressure rivets, to hold a 2cv mudflap securely, without exerting excessive pressure on the rubber.
(Attaching a 2cv rubber mudflap using normal pop-rivets will crush the rubber before the rivet’s central pin breaks, causing cracking & splitting. The fixing holes on a 2cv mudflap are very close to the edge, so a split can quickly reach the edge, leading to a loose mudflap that will need to be replaced prematurely).
Our rivets have a central pin that is designed to release at a much lower pressure, putting far less stress on the mudflap. They also spread wider behind the panel by splitting into three sections, which each fold in half.
- Aluminium body with 3 splits, designed to spread easily to full width.
- Aluminium central pin, designed to snap at a specific pressure, to prevent damage.
- Shaft diameter: 4.75mm approx.
- Head diameter: 15.75 approx.
- Length of shaft below head: 20.7mm approx.
Sold in sets of four, so enough to attach one 2cv mudflap.