Very original Peugeot J7, 1968, petrol, with over 10 months MOT!!
This has just had a complete overhaul and a LOT of money spent on it at the workshop and is running superbly, here’s what’s been replaced…These make great coffee van conversions.
– Engine is 1800cc from a 1978 J7, 80,000km, the chap selling it had replaced the alternator and water pump when he found out his gearbox needed replacing so decided to go for a modern engine/ gearbox upgrade. Compression is good.
– Carburettor is brand new. Weber. Over £300
– Electric fuel pump
– Fuel lines have been replaced and fuel tank has been cut open and professionally cleaned
– Brand new tyres all round on the original rims £400
– All the brake parts/ wheel cylinder have been stripped back & cleaned (took 2 days!)
– Brake flexi hoses have all been replaced (2 rear ones needed to be fabricated because they were hard to get hold of)
– Brake servo is new. Over £300
– Clutch & Brake master cylinder are both new
– New exhaust fitted
– Steering joints/ bushes/ tophats etc have all been replaced
– Suspension bushes have all been replaced
– Chassis is extremely clean, no rot or corrosion, Garage said it was incredibly clean.
– Bodywork is general is very straight. I have had a few of these vans over the years and body structure is the best I have had, the sliding doors and hatches all line up perfectly, and close and operate as they were new!
– There are some patches of rust that will need some attention, mostly surface rust that has developed a nice patina. My plan would be to rub any flaky paint off and linseed oil the van to preserve the slight ‘ratlook’ that’s just personal preference as I like to keep them as original as possible
– Original keys
– UK registered
– However, there is rot that will need more attention around the lip of the roof to prevent it getting any worse
The cab is in great condition, although the steering wheel has been nibbled a bit! Seats are in great condition and everything works as it should, including the hot air blower!! The speedo reads 53,000km which is nothing.
– This MOT & TAX exempt. However it does have a current MOT that runs until September 2024 with no advisories
All in all, an extremely original van, that has had a hell of a lot spent on it but means all tricky to source parts have already been replaced.